Below is a collection of Jupyter notebooks giving example usage of the
These notebooks are based on classroom material developed by Brian Rose at the University at Albany.
For a more comprehensive set of examples and graduate-level lecture notes,
The notebooks can be viewed on nbviewer through the links below. If you want to run the code yourself, these notes are all available as Jupyter *.ipynb files
courseware directory of the climlab source.
- Basic EBM
- EBM with Boltzmann radiation
- EBM with Budkyko transport
- Snowball Earth in the EBM
- The seasonal cycle of surface temperature
- Vertical structure of air temperature
- The spectral band model
- Grey Radiation models
- Radiative-Convective Equilibrium with the CAM3 radiation model
- Models of polar amplification