Below is a collection of notebooks illustrating some typical climlab use cases. These documents are built from Jupyter notebooks, mostly based on class material developed by Brian Rose at the University at Albany.
For a more comprehensive set of climlab usage examples embedded within lecture notes on climate science, see Brian’s online textbook The Climate Laboratory.
- Preconfigured Energy Balance Models
- Boltzmann Outgoing Longwave Radiation
- Budyko Transport for Energy Balance Models
- Ice - Albedo Feedback and runaway glaciation
- Distribution of insolation
- The seasonal cycle of surface temperature
- Comparing soundings from NCEP Reanalysis and various models
- Modeling spectral bands with
- Spectrally-resolved Outgoing Longwave Radiation (OLR) with
- Latitude-dependent grey radiation
- Radiative-Convective Equilibrium with CAM3 scheme
- Polar amplification in simple models
- Resetting time to zero after cloning a climlab process