- A. Berger. Long-term variations of daily insolation and quaternary climatic changes. Journal of Atmospheric Science, 35(12):2362–2367, 1978.
- A. Berger and M. F. Loutre. Insolation values for the climate of the last 10 million years. Quaternary Science Reviews, 10(4):297–317, 1991.
- M. I. Budyko. The effect of solar radiation variations on the climate of the earth. Tellus, 21(5):611–619, 1969.
- Ken Caldeira and James F. Kasting. Susceptibility of the early earth to irreversible glaciation caused by carbon dioxide clouds. Nature, 359:226–228, 1992.
- J. Laskar, P. Robutel, F. Joutel, M. Gastineau, A. C. M. Correia, and B. Levrard. A long-term numerical solution for the insolation quantities of the earth. Astronomy & Astrophysics, 428:261–285, 2004.